- Eye donation provides people who are blind with an opportunity to regain their vision through corneal transplantation, research and teaching.
- The need for donated eyes far exceeds the availability of donations. People are waiting, hoping and praying for just such a gift.
- More than 46,000 corneal transplants are performed every year, and the overall success rate of the procedure is 90 percent...meaning your generosity has an impact that is positive and lasting.
- Donation is a selfless act supported by all major religions.
- Only after every attempt to save your life has been made will the issue of donation arise. Your family will be asked if you have expressed a desire to participate in organ, tissue and eye donation.
- There is no cost to the family.
- A decision to become a donor will ultimately change someone's life. This gift will be treasured and appreciated for years to come.